How to create Chrome OS recovery media for Chromebook?
1. The first step involves installing the Chrome extension “Chromebook Recovery Utility” from the Chrome Web Store.
2. Once done, click on the extension icon from the extensions list to open the app.
3. Grab your USB storage drive and plug it into another PC.
4. Select your Chromebook model from the list. Ours is the Acer Chromebook Spin 713-2W.
5. Select the inserted USB storage device. Do note that any data on the drive will be erased during the process.
6. Finally, click on ‘Create now’ to start the process.
7. If everything goes fine you can eject the flash drive.